24x7 Toll free Helpline / Virtual Assistant (Voice Web)for authenticated health information developed by the National Health Portal (NHP): NHP Voice Web
A Voice portal for providing health related information has been created to address queries related to various issues related to health, diseases, lifestyle, First aid, directory services, health programs, policies, laws and guidelines. Users would need to dial a toll free number (1800-180-1104) and speak about the information that they are seeking – e.g, name of the disease. This advanced system is capable of recognizing user voice input and currently the information is available in 5 languages namely English, Hindi, Tamil, Bangla and Gujarati but in future more Indian languages would be covered.
The intent of using telephone technology as a medium to disseminate information is to reach out to masses in remote locations, where there is no Internet access thus, overcoming the barrier of illiteracy. The following objectives are aimed at:
- NHP Voice Web will allow users to interact in their preferred language for getting the requisite and authentic information.
- NHP Voice Web is a speech enabled system that makes content browsing and search easier and faster even to semi-literate and rural population of the country.
- No special user training is required and the system adapts to the caller requirements.
- Internet Connectivity in India is still only at 22%, however this system offers 24 x 7 operations and is not dependent on data connectivity at all. Language support provides 97% Indian demographic coverage.
- User dials a number from his phone and the call goes to Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system.
- User then says the reason for the call for example “Disease”
- Speech enabled IVR system will process the request and map it to the corresponding functionality and the supported content is played back.